Delicious Return To Cibo e Vino!

CIBO e VINO - NORTHERN ITALIAN

2418 Broadway @ 89th Street
212-362-0096

Hotel Note: If in need of a hotel in this area check out: The Lucerne.

A last minute decision to celebrate author Bud Santora's birthday and his newly released novel The Green Storm had me happily returning to my favorite neighborhood restaurant Cibo e Vino.


And we were immediately greeted by the beautiful and gracious manager and entrepreneur, Elena.


A chilly night before St. Patrick's Day warranted a round of heartwarming martinis.


The beauty of returning to such a wonderful establishment serving Northern Italian cuisine with Mediterranean influences means I get to try new and different items on the menu. Previously I've raved, and still do, about the flash-fried mushrooms with truffle oil, but tonight I had to try the Polenta Ricotta Beef Meatballs.

Polenta Ricotta Beef Meatballs
The ultra smooth polenta juxtaposed perfectly with the moist and spicy ricotta meatballs. I could have devoured an entire entree size of this dish. We also ordered the Mussles steamed in a sambuca broth. The anise-flavored liquor was a perfect pairing with these sweet, plump and oh-so-fresh mussels. Cibo e Vino should think about bottling and selling this broth!

Mussels with Sambuca Broth
For entrees, the birthday boy ordered the Gnoochi Con Gorgonzola - homemade potato dumplings with a light gorgonzola cheese sauce and a crunchy surprise sprinkling of walnuts. The gnocchi were pillows of perfection.

Gnocchi Con Gorganzola
I ordered their Horseradish Encrusted Salmon. Served with an orange and carrot sauce and over a bed of sauteed greens, I inhaled this dish. The sweet, citrus sauce combined with the pungent spiciness of the horseradish was sublime. I must try this at home. Heck, I'll just go back to Cibo e Vino.

Horseradish Encrusted Salmon
And surprise, surprise, a birthday Tiramisu was presented to Bud. Light and airy, it was eaten up in an instant.

Tiramisu
And I was treated to their Apple Tarte Tatin served with a cup of ice cream and fresh berries. Not too sweet, not too tart - just wonderful.

Apple Tarte Tatin
I am so happy that the Upper West Side has such a special and inviting restaurant.


Cibo e Vino is also open for breakfast, lunch and they deliver!

Buon Appetito!

2 comments:

  1. Will they deliver to Massachusetts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail - You are too funny. If they could, I'm sure they would.

      Delete